Thursday, April 23, 2009

I might be ready for winter.

If you know me, you know how much i HATE winter, i dread it, and mourn the loss of summer. I just hate being cold, i hate the snow, i hate bundling up 4 kids just to go a few feet to get in a van, i hate trying to strap bundled kids in car seats, I hate the constant missing mittens, gloves, boots, i just hate winter.

That being said, at least in the winter i don't have to deal with bugs!!!!! I HATE BUGS!!!!! Oh i am ok with a few Fly's lady bugs, ants (although they do annoy me when they get in my house), but the rest of the population of bugs, i just don't care for them.

Also if you know me you probably know that i run screaming when i see a wasp or a bee. I will leave my children behind, just to get away from them, i hate them!! So far i have not seen any yet this year, but i know that any day they will arrive. Then last year, much to my horror, we had wasps/bees on steroids. I don't know what they are called, but they are HUGE!!!!! They scared the you know what out of me, almost to the point i dreaded going outside. I am not being overly dramatic, these bugs were huge and scary looking!!!

Ok, so aside from all of that, its the bugs i find in my basement laundry room that have me troubled and might just be whats sends me over the edge. I am not sure what these are called either, but i am guessing they belong in the centipede family. They are about 2 inches longs, have a zillion legs, look kind of hairy, they make me want to gag!! So last night i was sorting laundry and one fell out of some clothes i was folding (pardon me while i stop to gag and shudder) anyway, i quickly stomped on it, the legs separated from the body and started wiggling on their own (more gagging and shuddering). I had to stop doing laundry and just go upstairs and compose myself, i HATE THOSE BUGS! Its just a matter of time till their close relatives show up, they are a hard shelled smaller version with a few less legs, these also gross me out, but not quite as much.

How do i get rid of them? I can't stop doing laundry, but i don't know if i can survive a summer of these bugs in my house.....

1 comment:

Angela said...

You are too funny but I feel the same way. We pay for a monthly service to spray for bugs. Since we have them come every month, they mainly spray outside. But at the beg and end of every season I have them come spray the inside. And in the beg we had them do inside and out for like 3 months to keep them gone. But it works so well.