Monday, May 2, 2011

4 Wheeling...Not For the Faint of Heart!

My children took their first spin on a four wheeler last night and fell in love. I knew my boys would love it. They have their fathers need for speed, thrill of adventure, willingness to try new things. I thought maybe Morgan would be more like me. She is a bit of a worrier, not quite as much of a thrill seeker. I was wrong. Her first trip on the 4 wheeler she was mild, she didn't try and wheelies, she just putted along. The second time she got a little faster. Her third trip she wanted to upgrade to the somewhat larger 4 wheeler. After that...she was in love. I saw her going around the track with a huge smile on her face. She started hitting puddles and mud and just laughed, she hit a fence post got stuck in the mud and thought it was the greatest thing ever.

At the end of the evening my kids were ready to sell our camper and buy a bunch of 4 wheelers. I think Brian was even considering it.

That's where i put my foot down. Not. Selling. The. Camper. It was time to go home, scrub the dirt of my babies and pray the memory of 4 wheeling left them by morning.

No comments: